Medical Receptionist (Casual)
Carindale Medical Clinic has been revolutionising healthcare since 1979. Independently doctor-owned for more than forty years, Carindale Medical is a private-billing medical centre located inside Westfield Carindale, one of Brisbane’s largest shopping centres. Our patients have high expectations, and we work hard to improve not only their health, but their experience of healthcare more generally.
The practice is privately doctor-owned and managed, with a paperless office based on industry standard Best Practice software. Our state-of-the-art medical centre includes ten consulting rooms, three treatment bays, a seminar room and the latest computing and diagnostic technology.
Our tight-knit team enjoys the convenience of working at one of Australia’s largest regional shopping centres, where major retailers include David Jones, Myer, Coles and Woolworths.
Casual (approximately 15-25 hours per week)
- Prior experience in a medical reception role, ideally in a general practice setting.
- Compassion, warmth and understanding. Good medicine is art as much as it is science.
- A strong commitment to customer service. Our patients have high expectations and we strive to exceed them.
- Initiative and drive. We’re always looking for ways to innovate and improve our patients’ experience.
- The ability to juggle competing demands of doctors and patients while keeping both happy.
- Strong computer skills, with knowledge of Best Practice and Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word.
- A willingness to work weekends and evenings as required.
Your duties will include:
- General use of Best Practice
- Greeting of patients and assisting with enquiries
- Answering phones
- Co-ordinating appointments with doctors and nursing staff
- Billing/receipting using Tyro EFTPOS and Medicare Easyclaim
- Scanning and document management
- Maintenance of reception area and doctors’ rooms
- Liaison with pathology services, couriers and other medical practices
- Use of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel and Word